Sr. Medical Science Liaison (National)
Full Job Description
Cyclo Therapeutics is dedicated to developing life-changing medicines through science and innovation for patients and families living with challenging diseases. We are providing hope through patient-focused drug development to improve quality of life.
Our lead therapeutic asset, Trappsol® Cyclo™, is currently being evaluated in a Phase 3 clinical trial for the potential treatment of Niemann-Pick Disease Type C1 (NPC), a rare, fatal and progressive genetic disorder, and Alzheimer’s disease, an irreversible, progressive neurological disorder.
The National Senior Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a member of Clinical and Medical Affairs organization. Using clinical and scientific expertise and leveraging strategic relationships, this person will engage with key opinion leaders (KOLs) and other stakeholders to determine research and clinical interests, uncover KOL insights on existing or emerging science with the potential to impact patient care, and to increase KOL engagement with Cyclo Therapeutics programs to improve patient outcomes. The MSL will also work with the Clinical Operations organization and Clinical Research Organization (CRO) to enhance patient enrollment in company-sponsored clinical trials by identifying appropriate clinical trial sites and working with investigators in ongoing studies.
This is a field-based position and requires professionals with a strong clinical and/or scientific background to interact with KOLs and centers of excellence. This Senior Medical Science Liaison position will support the company’s product in development as their primary responsibility. The MSL will partner closely with cross-functional colleagues to support our clinical development programs, stakeholder engagement plans and overall medical strategy.
This is a national position covering the entire US with occasional travel internationally as needed and desired. Anticipate at least 50% travel.
- Identify Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), connect with and gain access, establish long-term, strategic scientific relationships with KOLs, and connect KOLs to appropriate company partners ensuring research, scientific, and clinical interests are communicated
- Communicate complex scientific information and research concepts to healthcare professionals
- Gather and report internally, medical and clinical insights that contribute to enhancement of Cyclo Therapeutics important medical positions, plans, future research and development efforts; and identify unmet needs
- Identify and critically assess research opportunities and play a supportive role in the development of evidence generation plans
- Provide fair balanced clinical presentations and medical information in response to unsolicited questions in academic, community, and healthcare provider settings
- Be a primary liaison to investigators interested in developing and performing investigator-initiated research
- Provide scientific support and develop KOL engagement plans at scientific congresses and for company advisory boards
- Provide feedback/information on latest clinical/scientific trends and opportunities to appropriate company partners
- Lead and/or participate on committees or project teams that support medical strategies and tactics as delegated by Clinical and Medical Affairs leadership.
- Manage travel and expense budget and ensure all activities are compliant within company policy and procedures
- Doctoral degree & 3 or more years of MSL experience
- Pharm.D., Ph.D., M.D. or D.O. (Other Doctoral Degrees considered)
- 3+ years in a medical science liaison role in a biotech or pharmaceutical company
- Current experience in Scientific Affairs or Medical Affairs at a biotech or pharmaceutical company which may include publication planning, slide deck development and training
- Expertise in pediatrics, neurosciences or rare diseases is welcome
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Cyclo Therapeutics. This requirement applies to almost all roles at Cyclo Therapeutics based in the U.S., with very limited exceptions. If you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability, serious medical condition, or because it would violate your sincerely held religious belief, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.
Trappsol® Cyclo™ is not currently approved for any indication.
Third-party websites are provided for convenience only. Cyclo Therapeutics, Inc. does not approve of, or endorse any of the content. Cyclo Therapeutics, Inc. does not maintain, control or monitor the content of third-party websites in any way.